Do personal growth books and podcasts make you roll your eyes? Are you tired of hearing the same story of “infinite inspiration” rehashed again and again? Then the guest on this episode of The Shelly Story may be the perfect alternative solution to the dry and heavy content that you’re used to.
On today’s episode we speak with an award-winning entrepreneur, TEDx Speaker, bacon-atarian (that’s a vegetarian who still eats bacon), funky sock lover, a former rapper (who opened for the Wu-Tang Clan – YES, really!), and previously a 332lb man (who has since lost over 130lbs despite his affinity for bacon).
The legendary person just described (in his own humble words) is Jason “JG” Goldberg, host of The Jason Goldberg is Ruining Podcasting Podcast, who is also a best-selling author of Prison Break, and celebrity mental performance coach. He is also a content creator and active contributor to MindValley, a transformational personal growth platform that is a personal favorite of our host Nikhil Torsekar, and his wife Shelly Sood.
With a desire to do things his own fun way, Jason has applied his passion for storytelling and witty sense of humor to help others find their happiness. He believes our resistance to experiences is what causes unhappiness or discontent, and he’s talking with host Nikhil today about how he reframes his thoughts on the daily to find joy.
Listen to this episode for lots of laughs, Jason’s thoughts on identity and ego, and to learn more about why Nikhil and Jason both love MindValley!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Jason’s background and career
- The story behind Jason’s book, Prison Break
- How Jason changed his life and mindset
- Jason’s weight loss and the impact on his life
- Resistance and its role in happiness
- The concept of play in your self-improvement
- Jason’s inspiration for his podcast
- Working as a mental performance coach
- Jason’s definition of and thoughts on intuition
- Jason’s current focus on identity
- Using Batman to explain the importance of identity
- Nikhil and Jason’s experience with MindValley
- What’s next for Jason?
Check out JG’s book and listen to his podcast here: http://TheJasonGoldberg.com/
Connect with Jason:
Connect with Nikhil to learn more about The Shelly Story: